Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Smelling the Roses

Flowers

Having a wedding five weeks after your sister creates a few strategic problems. You must a wait a certain period of time after she has sent out save-the-dates and invitations before sending out your own. You have minimal time to help her plan unless you are comparing notes on who to use for what.   On the other hand, there are also perks.  You get to see who responds to her RSVPs to gain an idea of who will be coming to yours, you can compare costs, and you get to use some of her events as a trial. 

The latter comes into play with my bouquet. My mom threw Liz a bridal shower, where the favor was a little bundle of lavender roses (her wedding color).  My mom ordered the flowers in bulk, which left a large number of flowers after the guests departed that I could use to arrange a sample bouquet. I found several Youtube tutorials that demonstrated easy ways to create a rose bouquet.

I only used 10 roses on this one. For the bridesmaids, I’d probably use closer to 12 or maybe more depending on the size of the blooms. For mine, they recommend 18 and up.

I’m certain I can do these bouquets. I can’t justify spending $50 for each bridesmaid bouquet when I can make all seven bridesmaid bouquets and my bouquet own my own (with some help) for approximately $200.  My only strong preference is that I want real flowers, but other than that, I’m not too worried about the bouquets. I’ve never left a wedding thinking “Wow! Those were amazing bouquets!” I don’t expect anyone to leave my wedding with that thought. As long as we all have a bouquet that’s alive and looks decent, I’ll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment