Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More DIY


More DIY Arts and Crafts

Candles

Although I’ve been going back and forth on what I wanted for our reception table centerpieces, one thing that has remained consistent is that I wanted to include candles .  So, with a little help from my bridesmaids Shailee and Catherine, I bought a bunch of votive candles and decorated them all.  Some have pearls, rhinestones, or lace trim. Some were personalized with the letter “C.” The “C” got progressively better the more I (or Shailee) made. Even though they aren’t perfect, I think these handmade touches will add something special to the wedding. Plus, I love how they dress up the table and make it feel romantic and elegant.




Card Box

I saw this card box on weddingbee.com and decided that I could make one.  Shailee came over with at least a dozen candidate boxes of various sizes and shapes in tow.


We built the card box out of a large wide one to serve as the base and smaller one to place on top.  The first step was attaching the big and little box.


Then we painted them with two coats of white paint.  In hindsight, spray painting probably would have been easier.


We used spray adhesive to cover it with lace. 


Finally, we decorated it with yellow ribbon and flowers. 


I’m proud of how it turned out.  I’m going to be a bit sad when we have to cut the bottom of the box to get the cards out.

No comments:

Post a Comment